* Strategy & policy
* Education in the United States (including ranking, admission, accreditation, credit transfer)
* Financing possibilities for studying in the US
* US visa regulations for study, internships and work
* Talent guidance to the US (including scientists, athletes, actors, dancers)
Marina Meijer was born in Amsterdam in 1966. She is an expert in the field of education in the United States. She was internationally active from the beginning of her studies. While studying law in Groningen she became a board member of the Europa Dispuut, made study trips to Eastern Europe and Russia, and completed internships in Washington DC. During her dual graduate degrees in Governance Science and Middle East Studies at the University of Texas at Austin, she organized several meetings for international students. She also completed an internship in Korea.
Marina has worked for several US educational programs and lobbied on Capital Hill on behalf of a US advocacy group for the internationalization of American education. She also worked as a student advisor for the US government at EducationUSA in Tunisia and ran American scholarship programs for talented students in North Africa. She sat on the Dutch selection committee for Fulbright scholarships.
Marina worked for 13 years as a senior policy advisor at the Ministry of Economic Affairs. She represented the Dutch government on diverse themes within commercial, general technology and IT policy for EU bodies, OECD and other international organizations.
Since 2005 she has been the director and academic advisor for UStudy – a Dutch educational consultancy for the US. UStudy has an excellent reputation within Europe and America for the preparation and placement of international students at US educational institutions, ranging from top community colleges and prep schools to elite universities such as Harvard and Columbia Universities.
- Ministry of Economic Affairs (various Directorates-General), The Hague
- US Information Agency/America-Mideast Educational and Training Services, Tunisia
- The International Exchange Association, Washington DC, USA
- Partners for International Education and Training, Washington DC, USA
- L.B. Johnson School of Public Affairs, The University of Texas Austin, TX, USA
Marina is a member of the following organizations:
- Overseas Association of College Admission Counselors (OACAC)
- European Association of International Educators (EAIE)
- Netherlands Fulbright Alumni Association (NFAA)
- Beter Onderwijs Nederland (BON)
- Nederlandse Vereniging van Schooldecanen en Leerlingbegeleiders (NVS-NVL)
UStudy is an official partner of the Olympisch Netwerk Noord-Holland and the Olympisch Netwerk Zuid-Holland (Topsport Den Haag)
Language skills: Fluent in Dutch and English, good level of German and French
Watch this short video of Marina's presentation at TEDxDelftSalon in March 2015: